Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Introducing the XO Deluxe Memory Man from EHX.


Alright kiddies, so yesterday I had posted the story about the mini Deluxe Memory Man that I had spotted in the Boing Boing factory tour video. Well sure enough I was right, EHX does have a new version! I shot an email to Electro Harmonix yesterday asking for any news on the pedal and also asked whether it was available. The pedal is the XO Deluxe Memory Man and it turns out it's been available for a bit but only in Europe. According to EHX the sound and feel of the new DMM is very similar, but because everything is smaller the potentiometers have less travel when turned. What this means is that you have to be very precise when tweaking the knobs in order to dial in the sound you want. I did find somewhere these can be purchased but the news from the EHX camp is, the XO DMM is no supported here in the States yet. If you find yourself needing repairs you'll have to send it back to Europe, hmm fair enough I guess. Here's a link if you're interested in buying one, enjoy and if anyone decides to get one please contact me with any info. http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/vare.asp?varenr=8130

This is the only demo of the XO Deluxe Memory Man I could find, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment