Sunday, March 1, 2009

Analog War Cry News/Updates

Hey fellow fiends of the stomp, we have a killer month of heavenly dipped sonic madness coming your way, March is gonna be full of some unique and badass stompboxes. I did some major hunting last month, found some great support for the site, and we hope to have the video segments and podcasts up and running by the end of the week. We're also gonna start visiting some of our favorite guitar shops, bringing you footage of all the sweet gear they carry and demoing some rare finds as we come across them. We added a mailing list box to top right of the page, sign up so you can keep track of all new posts and group letters, I'd love to hear some feedback from you and if you have some ideas of your own please shoot'em my way. I'm also working on writing new tunes for my band The Black Crayons at the moment, I've been experimenting with some really strange sounds and textures. My goal is to keep the backbone of the music as pure as possible and still be able to add blends of psychedelic tones without making it sound unpleasant or non-traditional. I'm all about straight up rock and roll, psychedelic rock and roll to be exact. I've been working really hard at getting my core tones, setting as good a clean tone as I can get and finding different combos of boosters and overdrive pedals to create the perfect crunchy, gritty, old school Neil Youngish type tones. I'm thinking Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, those cats can dial in one hell of a tone. What's been working best for me so far is using my Fender Deville 4x10 on ultra clean ( I just got some new tubes from Eurotubes which sound amazing in that amp), an overdrive set at about 25-30 %, driving two boosts into each other, and adding just a taste of plate reverb. I know it sounds like that could get a little crazy but you'd be surprised what that combo can do for you. One pedal that I'm yet to get my hands on that everybody seems to be crazy about is the Klon Centaur overdrive, I hear that is the perfect pedal for subtle, defined break-up. If only people would shut up about them maybe the prices would go down, that's just a little too much to spend on an overdriver, at least for me it is. I will keep you guys up to date on our studios adventures once we start recording, maybe I'll throw in a little footage of the sessions as well. Anyhow, stay tuned and remember to subscribe!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment